140 GCH Staff Give a Day to support Gloucester Communities by | Gloucester News Centre - http://gloucesternewscentre.co.uk/
Over 140 members of Gloucester City Homes (GCH) staff are spending this Friday working with local community groups to make a visible positive impact in the communities they jointly work in.
The day has been arranged following the success of the event last year where visible work was carried out throughout the City.
A range of community projects that benefit both tenants and local residents have been identified and staff will be split across the City to work on the following projects:
- Roots Community Café, Kingsholm Creation of a useable outdoor space at the back of the Café
- Chaucer Close, Podsmead General outdoor tidy up
- Fountain Square, Westgate General outdoor tidy up
- The Redwell Centre, Matson Internal painting and building outdoor stage facility
- Matson Fishing Pond General outdoor tidy up, fencing and planting
- Widden School Creation of allotment area for use of school community including families
- Tuffley Memorial Garden Gardening and planting
- Lunch and games for older residents in Tuffley (open to over 55’s)
- Robinswood Hill Clearance of area to reinstate meadow
- St James City Farm Painting, gardening and carpentry
- Gloucester City Mission Tidy up of facilities and a lunch for service users
Anita Pope, Director of Housing and Communities of Gloucester City Homes commented: “We are looking forward to continuing GCH’s on-going tradition of supporting communities. The day offers a fantastic opportunity to make a large impact across the city, which will affect so many different people.”
Thanks to Greenfields, Amey, Crown Paints, S.R.I Decorators & Builders and Jewsons who are supporting the day.
Gloucester News Centre – http://gloucesternewscentre.co.uk
- View Full Directory
- Northgate Street
- Eastgate Street
- Southgate Street
- Westgate Street
- GL Card Offers